Animal Food Manufacturing and Pet Food Manufacturing
- Kentucky’s ideal location, skilled workforce and business-friendly environment make Kentucky a great place for manufacturing companies to make and ship products to every corner of the globe and that includes animal food and pet food manufacturing.
- Case Study: Alltech
- Headquartered in Nicholasville, Kentucky and with its focus on animal and crop science research the company is perfect example of an agritech company leading the way
- Employing approximately 650 people from 30 counties across seven facilities in Kentucky, the company has grown steadily over the past four decades.
- Case Study: Champion Pet Foods
- Canadian company chose Logan County in Kentucky for its first U.S. facility.
- $85 million investment, 147 jobs
- Other KY companies: Hill’s Pet Nutrition (Warren County), The Hyland Company (Boyd County), Dinovite (Grant County), Willard Milling Inc (Carter County)
We’ve been growing.
Kentucky businesses are finding success in today’s global market. As exporting continues to grow, small businesses and large corporations alike are finding a growing demand for Kentucky-made products. This additional revenue source provides more security for business and more jobs for Kentuckians. In 2019, over $33 billion in goods and services were sold abroad.
Last year, Kentucky’s top five export products were:
- Aerospace products and parts - $14.6 billion
- Motor vehicle-related - $4.6 billion
- Pharmaceuticals and medicines - $2.4 billion
- Resin, rubber, fiber and filament - $917 million
- Basic chemicals - $743 million
Currently, the top export destinations for Kentucky companies are:
- United Kingdom